Based in Odessa, the Fern Garden Club was started in April 1950 when twenty ladies met at Lutz Lake Fern School
at the corner of Gunn Highway and Lutz Lake Fern Road. Hence the club was named the Fern Garden Club.
Our club is not dedicated to ferns,
as many think, but has an overall interest in gardening and nature.